Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Elina_Mirin
Helper I
Helper I

Extract massive data from Adobe Analytics in Power BI

Hello! I am trying to extract data from Adobe Analytics in Power BI Desktop and I need some advices/guidance, please.

1. I've tried to use the Adobe Analytics Connector from PBI, but it doesn't work very well so this in not an option. I've tried using Data Warehouse, but here I can't find some metrics, like Bounces, Engaged Visits. Also, I've tried Report Builder, but this also has some limitations. Is there any other way to extract massive data from Adobe Analytics? 

2. I want to mention that I have also some segments, that need to be extracted as a dimension (as rows, not as columns or filters). Is there any way to do this? I have a lot of segments, so if I want to use DataWarehouse or Report Builder I will need to make a report request for each segment, which is a lot of manual work. Any advices?

1 REPLY 1
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @Syndicate_Admin. I would advise you to try a foreign connector. I have used funnel.io and windsor.ai to connect my Adobe data and everything is fine, I have had no problems. In the end I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper. The connectors are paid but with the free account you can use a data source at no cost and see the data up to the last 28 days without paying anything, if you want to see older data there it already limits you. To make the connection, you must first search for Adobe in the list of data sources:

RM7_0-1684949332462.png

Then, you must enter your Adobe account credentials to connect the data. Later, you will see a preview of your data where you can choose the fields you need to visualize in PBI.

RM7_1-1684949635363.png

Finally, you just have to choose PBI as destination and copy and paste the url that will appear there in PBI desktop --> Get Data --Web > --> Paste the link

RM7_2-1684949844256.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.