Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

motyotyotyo
Frequent Visitor

Extra specia characters removal

Hey everyone,

I have a report where I get the data from a json file. The issue I have is that the text on the website is customized. What I mean by this is it might be italic or bold. When I get the data in power query, the text value has some extra special characters.

For example I have this:

1) Remove  this is the original in italic. And this is how I see it in power bi/query _1) Remove_  .

Unfortunately I can't just use replace values as on later parts it might be in use intentionaly.

Any ideas will be much appriciated.

Have a nice day and thank you,

Bence

2 REPLIES 2
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @motyotyotyo ;

As far as I know, this is not possible.

Power Query is all about getting and transforming data, and other than data type formatting (decimal vs int vs date vs text - very important things to sort out) does not deal at all with individual formatting. (such as Bold, italic, underline etc)

You may submit this idea in Power BI Ideas or vote for ideas similar to it. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yalanwu-msft 

I know that it doesn't deal with formatting and  I don't need that data. But power query does read it in a stupid way (sorry can't summarize it in a different way) and adds extra special characters. I want to delete does, because it makes the text funky.

Best regards,

Bence

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.