Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dom87326
Helper II
Helper II

Expression based titles based on drill down

Hi There,

I am trying to create an expression based title in Power BI Desktop, based on drill down.

Dom87326_0-1651224529762.png

In the example above, title card should show Title 1, and when drilled down in the visual change to Title 2.

Maybe someone has any advice on how to do that?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dom87326 

Do you mean changing the title of the visual? If so, I think it is not possible. 

I tested both ISFILTERED and ISINSCOPE. When used for the title, it can be affected by slicers and filters outside. But it cannot be affected by the drill down status of its own visual.

vjingzhang_0-1651738443738.png

Also, when you pick a data point in the visual, it can filter or highlight other viusals on the same page. But when you only drill down, it cannot. Drilldown is not filter so it cannot pass any filter context to other visuals or formulas. 

vjingzhang_1-1651738919861.png

Overall, I think it is not possible to create a dynamic title based on drill down. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ferdsjoseph
Frequent Visitor

I have a matrix visual with 3 fields in the Rows section, say RowField1, RowField2, and RowField3.  By default, the visual only displays the first field name as the "column label" for the row headers.  Is there a way to put into a measure the concatenated row field names so that I can use it as part of the visual's title?  The idea is to make it dynamic so that if the user personalizes the visual and added a 4th row field, it will show in the concatenated field list in the title.  Something like RowField1/RowField2/RowField3, then RowField1/RowField2/RowField3/RowField4 when a 4th field is added by the user.

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dom87326 

Do you mean changing the title of the visual? If so, I think it is not possible. 

I tested both ISFILTERED and ISINSCOPE. When used for the title, it can be affected by slicers and filters outside. But it cannot be affected by the drill down status of its own visual.

vjingzhang_0-1651738443738.png

Also, when you pick a data point in the visual, it can filter or highlight other viusals on the same page. But when you only drill down, it cannot. Drilldown is not filter so it cannot pass any filter context to other visuals or formulas. 

vjingzhang_1-1651738919861.png

Overall, I think it is not possible to create a dynamic title based on drill down. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Dom87326 , Check for isfiltered or isinscope in a measure if those can help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.