Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Chapin4u
Employee
Employee

Expression Error.: The key didn't match any rows in the table

2017-04-07_15-19-41.png

Hi, 

I need help to understand this error message (above image) and how to fix it, thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A typical case would be when you connect to an Excel file and then your Query attemps to access a Sheet that does not exist in the Spreadsheet...

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47

A typical case would be when you connect to an Excel file and then your Query attemps to access a Sheet that does not exist in the Spreadsheet...

Hi, I am getting same error with Big query data set. The same sql is not showing error in another user power BI. Any idea how to fix it?

omikeyz
Frequent Visitor

I had this today when I was trying to get data in an MS Access db but the table was actaully a linked file to an Excel sheet. I changed it to a "table" and then it worked.

for my particular issue it was trying to combine multiple files from the same folder but the sheets had different names (named the same as the file)

as per some of the solutions above I changed the Source sheet name from a specific name to the sheet number, all was good

orginal:

Source = Excel.Workbook(Parameter1, null, true),
Receipt_1 = Source{[Name="Req_84521"]}[Data]

fixed:

Source = Excel.Workbook(Parameter1, null, true),
Receipt_1 = Source{0}[Data],

HLST
Frequent Visitor

I have renamed a spreadsheet in excel and received this error. I then renamed the dataset field on power bi desktop and tried to refresh, though I received the same error. Is there a way to fix this?

I followed some of the steps above but came across with interesting finding. I got this error as well, but in my scenario it appeared this way:
With my own credentials, as sharepoint site owner, I was able to read the file(s) with no issues.
When changing the credential to service account this error started to appear. The error didnt come out from sharepoint that had standard members/visitors, but in sharepoint where members and visitors were managed through AD groups. I added the service account to the AD admin group which was part of site visitor, but it didnt work. After adding the service account directly to the sharepoints visitor member list the file started to load with no issues. Hope this helps someone else as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors