Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jamieham
Helper II
Helper II

Export to PDF error (zoomed in)

Ive just upgraded to the latest version of Power Bi Desktop and now when I try to export any report to a PDF it exports as though i've zoomed into the report and only displays the top left quarter of it. 

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jamieham and All,

Please try update the Microsoft  Edge webview2 runtime to see if it works.

Steps: Go to 'Add or Remove Programs' then search for Webview and click on Modify. Then select the option to 'Repair' and it will update it to the latest version. Note that you will need admin rights to install the latest version.

vbinbinyumsft_0-1698810110261.png

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jamieham and All,

Please try update the Microsoft  Edge webview2 runtime to see if it works.

Steps: Go to 'Add or Remove Programs' then search for Webview and click on Modify. Then select the option to 'Repair' and it will update it to the latest version. Note that you will need admin rights to install the latest version.

vbinbinyumsft_0-1698810110261.png

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

tarcisio

Back to normal here with 118.0.2088.76 version. Thanks God \0/

arjaano
Advocate I
Advocate I

There's light at the end of the tunnel ....

1 of my laptops got an automatic upgrade for WebView2. That's now on 118.0.2088.76. PDF exports are back to the expected layout.

Confirming here as well, this morning WebView2 is updated to 118.0.2088.76 and PDF export from PowerBI desktop is functioning correctly again.

Can also confirm 118.0.2088.76 and PDF now working as normal!

Niskyspy
Frequent Visitor

IF your report is published you can just export the pdf from the published version and it works.

sthomopoulos
Regular Visitor

A temporary workaround to continue exporting from desktop is adjusting your canvas settings on each of your pages by 1.5x. It should export pretty close to how it would look normally.

That was a great idea, thank you, I just customized my canvas settings for each of the pages (I used H1100/W2000 px ) and it worked. Now when I export the pages to pdf, they fit, not zoom. Thank you very much!

This was very very helpful, you just saved me a ton of time! Thank you! 

ragomgar

Same problem, automatically export to 100% instead chosen zoom of full page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, we're publishing so we can export, but this isn't the best option here

Jê

Same here! 😥

JoaquimSilva
Regular Visitor

Há 4 dias com este problema! Procurei várias soluções e a que resultou foi fazer zoom a 63% na vista e exportar para pdf., no entanto apenas resultou no primeiro relatório, nos restantes aparece com zoom. Outra solução é exportar pdf online. 

AEH_AF

Same problem, plz fix the problem

martin_herran
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same problem here after the WebView2 update to version 118. Clearly a regression bug, unfortunately quite critical for us. Microsoft, please fix it ASAP....

favlucas
Frequent Visitor

Same probem...

TinyToons
Frequent Visitor

Hi

We have the same problem with Power BI Desktop RS from May 2022 and January 2023. Thanks to your comment, we found that machines with WebView2 runtime 118.0.2088.61 have the problem and machines with WebView2 runtime 117.0.2405.60 have no problem exporting to pdf

Thank you

To bad that you can't roll back to a previous version of WebView2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ola,

Estou com o mesmo problema, ao exportar o PDF pelo desktop desconfigura o zoom da pagina.

E no web ao exportar o PDF não demonstra o que feito em HTML no relatorio. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.