Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JakeMicrosoft
Advocate I
Advocate I

Export to PDF doesnt work with page size anymore

Hi,

Since today, maybe an update? It does no longer export 816px x 1056px anymore. It will create a pdf, and just cut off the entire right side. Last week i made the report and it worked just fine. (for over 2 years it worked just fine) any idea's what could have happen, nothing has changed other then the values. (i hit refresh) 

Please help asap as this report need to be out today. Are there any other options to export this to pdf?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JakeMicrosoft ,

Please try update the Microsoft  Edge webview2 runtime to see if it works.

Steps: Go to 'Add or Remove Programs' then search for Webview and click on Modify. Then select the option to 'Repair' and it will update it to the latest version. Note that you will need admin rights to install the latest version.

vtangjiemsft_0-1698812478951.png

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Neeko Tang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Not sure if this will help but I was testing some report exports to pdf, including pages that are not a standard size (one is 720 x 1515) and the all exported OK.  I have the page view set to 'Fit to page'.  Maybe try that setting?

jdbuchanan71_0-1698085087544.png

Thank you for replying. I did try that as well. however it doesnt work. 

MBS_AReyn
Regular Visitor

Replying to this to see the solutions that are provided to you.  I have found by setting the custom zoom (bottom right) to 66%, I can "Export to PDF" an image of approximately the correct size.

Have the same issue where 25% of width and 33% of height are cut off due to the page being zoomed in/magnified, it began today (10/23), when I was running the same report on 10/20 with no issues. 

having the same Issue with me. tried saving as a new file after selecting fot to page. still not working.!

Fit to page doesnt work, set it to 33% and see if it works then. just play around with the zoom setting.

I love you! Can't believe thats the issue. i went to 67% and it exports the canvas to that size. its still a major bug though, and now i have to export page by page to do so. but at least i get the report out.

It did begin today for you as well. interesting... someone programmer needs coffee...

I'm using Version: 2.119.986.0 64-bit (July 2023). Similarly, I had no problems exporting until 10/23/2023. I attempted the custom zoom at various levels but when I go to File/Export/Export to .pdf...as the export progresses it shows each page of the report going from my custom zoom back to 100%. Any other solutions?

i have the same issue, tried even changing the various zoom levels, not working though.! 

@JakeMicrosoftcould you please update this as not figured any solutions yet. ?

really appreciate for the help 

Sure, updated it, as i agree, its not a good solution, it's a work around. Keep on replying to this as i want this topic to blow up so it gets the attention it needs by the officials.

@JakeMicrosoft 

It probably needs to go into the issues list here.
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Hide all pages except the one. Then zoom to 66% then export that page to pdf. do the same for the other pages. one page at the time. Yes very time consuming, i had to do 20 pages that way. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.