Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Rnaval
Helper IV
Helper IV

Export option not available on a Matrix Visual

Export option along with others is not available for a Matrix Visual, options to export data are working fine on the other visuals on the same page. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, recreating it resolved the issue. Thanks for your help with this.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Rnaval
Helper IV
Helper IV

Here's the screenshot...In the Power BI service, I selected file settings and then the pane on the right side appears...

Rnaval_0-1672938079006.png

HI @Rnaval,

Are yous still not getting export option on the matrix visual after setting up this setting for export in PBI service?

If still the issue is, I would suggest that you try decreasing the size of your matrix visual and then publishing the report agin to PBI service and checking for export:

Pragati11_0-1672941220672.png

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Reducing the size did not work either...

HI @Rnaval ,

The only thing I can suggest now is recreste the matrix visual from scratch in your power bi report and test it. I can't think any other reason as I don't see this behaviour at my end.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Yes, recreating it resolved the issue. Thanks for your help with this.

HI @Rnaval ,

Can you please accept the right response a the solutoin to this thread?

Seems like you have just accepted your response as a solution to the thread rather than the right one.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Rnaval ,

The official documentation for Export data has the following restrictions, you can check the link.

Export data from a Power BI visualization - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

This is the related document, you can view this content:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Matrix-Export-quot-Data-with-Current-Layout-quot-Not-Showin...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Matrix-table-cant-download-the-data/td-p/1831682

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @Rnaval ,

CAn you share some screenshots please as I don't see this issue at my end?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Here's a screenshot where I am able to see the export option. However, on the lower half window (Matrix), I do not get this option.

Rnaval_0-1672866293091.png

HI @Rnaval ,

I guess due to the slicers on the top of the bottom-most matriix visual, the options might be hidden some how. I would suggest checking individual visual and see if you see options. SOmetimes this happens due to visuals overlapping each-other on the report page.

Do share your pbix file if you are ok to. You can share via dropbox or WeTransfer. Make sure to remove any sensitive information from it before sharing.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

HI @Rnaval ,

Thanks for sharing the file. I just opened your shared pbix and I can clearly see a export option on the matrix visual. I just hevered over the matrix visual and can see the option. See below:

t5.gif

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

and BTW, what did you use to capture and paste the motion of the mouse and screenshot? 

HI @Rnaval ,

I use ScreenToGif editor to screen grab.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Pragati, yes it is visible in the Power BI Desktop app but once I publish it, users cannot see it.

HI @Rnaval ,

In that case check export setting on your Report settings in Power BI Service.

Pragati11_0-1672929800247.png

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

I was able to change the option to include the underlying data without any luck, the option to export is not visible. However, that still doesn't explain why I'm able to see the export option on the other visuals and not the matrix visual? 

HI @Rnaval ,

This export is different for every visual in Power BI. For matrix for table visual export you need to enable the above setting in Power BI Service.

Also can you please share some screenshot around where you are trying to find this setting in Power BI Service?

It's always easier for me to understand the issue with some screesnhots.

In Power BI Service go to your workspae where this report is published then as shown below:

Pragati11_0-1672932511063.png

Then a new pane opens on the right, where you need to scroll down and you will find Export option:

Pragati11_1-1672932572390.png

Hope this helps now.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.