Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ahpitre2
Frequent Visitor

Export data

I am using Power BI Desktop and Report Server Sep 2019 version. In Power BI Desktop, I set Options - Report Settings - Allow end users to export both summarized and underlying data.

Getting errors if I try to export data on the server for a report with around 4M rows. When I try same report in Power BI Desktop I get a warning, .csv file is then exported with only 30K rows. Is this a limit by Power BI? Are these limits the same for Power BI service? Will these limits increase with future version? Also, the published report on report server shows errors because it doesn't like the option to export summarized and underlying data :

image.png

1 REPLY 1
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @ahpitre2,

yes, there is a limit that also exists in Power BI Service:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data#limitations-and...

If you have Power BI Premium, you can create a paginated report that allows to export to csv or xlsx without any limitation.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.