Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export Matrix Tables in the Same Format to Excel

When exporting Matrix tables to Excel, the result is a tabular view.  Can the export be made to retain the Matrix view?  If not, it would be nice to add that option to exporting.  In the current output, users are forced to create pivot tables to be able to view the results in the same manner as the dashboard.

7 REPLIES 7
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

It is just the data being exported and not the visuals structure of the chart.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes only the data is being exported and not the structure.

Hi @Anonymous,

As we all know, we are only able to export data to CSV or Excel currently. It's not supported to export both the visual and data at the same time. For your requirement, you can vote and comment on this idea item: Allow Table and Matrix Data Exports to Match PowerBI Visual.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this feature ever added? This is critical

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still critical yet Microsoft does not care !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export of Matrix Table Dashboard View.jpgMatrix Table Dashboard View.jpg

The top image that I supplied shows what the output looks like of the Matrix table and below that is a screen shot of the actual matrix table on the dashboard that I exported.  It is great that the results can be exported to excel but in the format that it is exported in, any dashboard user would need to manipulate the table beforfe using it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export of Matrix Table Dashboard View.jpgMatrix Table Dashboard View.jpg

The top image that I supplied shows what the output looks like of the Matrix table and below that is a screen shot of the actual matrix table on the dashboard that I exported.  It is great that the results can be exported to excel but in the format that it is exported in, any dashboard user would need to manipulate the table beforfe using it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.