Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tinachanis
Frequent Visitor

Export Data in Power BI set to NONE however it is still exporting.

Help,
We have changed the settings of a report to change it to not allow the Export of Data -  However even with it being set to NONE, it is still allowing and these three options Analyze in Excel,  Powerpoint and PDF are showing. I have clicked on export and it does indeed export it to excel.  Is there somewhere else we need to lock this down? We can't have the report released if data can be exported. Thank you in advance if you can help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Tinachanis ,

After you turned off the "Export" options as followings, you need to refresh the Power BI, and then you will not see the "export data".

vxiaosunmsft_0-1666592435625.pngvxiaosunmsft_1-1666592449601.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tinachanis ,

According to your description, here is my suggestion.

“Export the data” has no relationship with other three options.

“Export the data” means that you can export data to excel from a Power BI dashboard tile and from a report visual.

“Analyze in Excel”: With the on-premises dataset hosted in an Analysis Services (AS) database, administrators of your Power BI tenant can use the Power BI Admin Portal to disable “Analyze in Excel”. When this option is disabled, Analysis in Excel is disabled for the AS database, but it is still available for other datasets.

“PowerPoint and PDF”: If you are power bi admin role in your organization, go to “Admin Portal” -> “Tenant Settings” -> disable the “Export reports as PowerPoint presentations or PDF documents”.

Please refer to the following documents.

Export data from a Power BI visualization - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Start with Analyze in Excel in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Discovered that when I turn the export options off they do not appear for other users. Only shows up when I am looking at it. 

Hi @Tinachanis ,

After you turned off the "Export" options as followings, you need to refresh the Power BI, and then you will not see the "export data".

vxiaosunmsft_0-1666592435625.pngvxiaosunmsft_1-1666592449601.png

Best Regards,

Even with the refresh it was still showing for me, so that isn't the case. Nevertheless, I know that it is not exportable now by viewing as a different user to confirm.

Go to File, Options and Settings, Options, Report settings (the bottom one in CURRENT FILE), and then uncheck the option "Hide the visual header in reading view".

leandroab1_0-1707325274794.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.