Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nosipho
Frequent Visitor

Exploding on a sankey diagram

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAQ9AAAAJGU4ODI4ZjA1LWI4YWQtNDRhMC04ZmVmLWNjYjEwYjFhNzZhNw.png

Hi all,

I have a diagram similar to this, is there way to explode to a new diagram when I click on a particular node??

Thank you for the assistance in advance

9 REPLIES 9
fdkaplan

Trying to do something similar. For example the Source column has 3 nodes: Company A, B and C. Destination has 4 nodes: Channel 1, 2, 3, 4. However, each company makes several types of products. Say company A has alfa, beta and gamma. B has alfa, delta and epsilon. Company C has beta, gamma, delta and epsilon.

I want to see a sankey that shows A, B and C flows into channels 1, 2, 3 and 4. But also can drill down each node showing the flows from A-alfa, A-beta, A-gamma, B-alfa, B-delta and so on into each channel.

Is this possible?

fdkaplan

Trying to do something similar. For example the Source column has 3 nodes: Company A, B and C. Destination has 4 nodes: Channel 1, 2, 3, 4. However, each company makes several types of products. Say company A has alfa, beta and gamma. B has alfa, delta and epsilon. Company C has beta, gamma, delta and epsilon.

I want to see a sankey that shows A, B and C flows into channels 1, 2, 3 and 4. But also can drill down each node showing the flows from A-alfa, A-beta, A-gamma, B-alfa, B-delta and so on into each channel.

Is this possible?

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

as in an animation explosion?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

No, Like a drill drown of some sort, Parent- Child pages

i dont think so, what sort of diagram where you wanting to drill down into?  could you create 2 visuals one with the drill down information you require?  I dont know if we usign the sankey diagram but it doesn't look like mine interacts with other visuals, does yours?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

What i initially wanted to do was that whenever a user clicks on a node, I want it to drill down to a child diagram that shows that particular node and its predecessors. I don't knowb if I'm making sense

you are making sense, but my feeling is that you would need to use two visuals to accomplish this as i dont think as i am not sure the type of visuals you want do do this with allows that (but happy to be wrong) -  how about using a cluster map which will interact with another visual or the network navigator visuals from the visuals gallery?   

Okay, that sounds good. Let me try that thanks

Nosipho
Frequent Visitor

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAQ9AAAAJGU4ODI4ZjA1LWI4YWQtNDRhMC04ZmVmLWNjYjEwYjFhNzZhNw.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.