Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excel data - dates are turned into chinese characters when transferred into power bi ??

Hi

I'm a bit of a new user to Power BI, just entered my data from excel and for some reason the delivery/loading date column name are translated into Chinese character - and i just don't understand wHy - have tried to fix language, formatting etc. What's going on? Bug? anyone faced this? Any help or suggestions please thank you!

Screenshot 2023-06-06 105703.pngScreenshot 2023-06-06 105715.png

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kishore, thank you for advise/help!! it's excel, tried to amend formatted colums/table etc. No special characters, tried two versions tried both still get the chinese characters for delivery date, year, month. I don't have an option to attach sample. It does work if i download the program on my desktop, but not in the online version.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excel as in xlsx

Kishore_KVN
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous , what is your data source is it xlsx or csv. If csv change to xlsx first. Then see if there are any special characters before the name in the dates column headers. If not delete those cells and rewrite them in those cells in Power Query. 

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly. Thank You!!

If you still face issue, please share your sample excel data as attachement here to check. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.