Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Albsangon1
Frequent Visitor

Error when adding Sharepoint (folder) source to gateway

Hello everyone.

I have a published report that has two sources: an Oracle database and an Excel file which is stored in Sharepoint.

The Sharepoint document is, in the query editor, used in transformations with tables from the database.

This works perfectly en Desktop. However, in service, in order to refresh, it seems to force me to add the Sharepoint to the gateway (sorry the texts are in Spanish):

Albsangon1_3-1673872997465.png

Basically the message next to Sharepoint says "Include in the gateway". Unless I click it, I cannot apply the gateway to Oracle.

When selected, 

Albsangon1_1-1673872730446.png

we get to "New datasource" but if we click "Edit credentials" we get an error (even before we specify the credentials):

Albsangon1_2-1673872858076.png

"The session can't be started with OAuth for this datasource". 

I have tried all credentials options but none seem to work.

Could anyone say if I'm doing any step wrong?

Many thanks in advance,

Alberto.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Mordjane.

Yesterday I had a call with the support team of Microsoft and they helped solving it.

In desktop, we cleared (all three) caches, deleted all credentials and added them again, and finally published to the service using a different name... and it worked.

After all these changes, we were finally able to add Sharepoint to the Gateway without the previous error.

I hope this helps somebody else, and many thanks to the support team for their kindness.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Albsangon1 ,

This is acknowledged as an issue. We have reported the issue and submitted it to the internal icm platform, No:350896105 . Engineers will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update you here if there is any progress , please be patient.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu

Hello, 

We are facing the same Issue, any updates about that?

Best regards,

Hello Mordjane.

Yesterday I had a call with the support team of Microsoft and they helped solving it.

In desktop, we cleared (all three) caches, deleted all credentials and added them again, and finally published to the service using a different name... and it worked.

After all these changes, we were finally able to add Sharepoint to the Gateway without the previous error.

I hope this helps somebody else, and many thanks to the support team for their kindness.

leonardodalvi
Regular Visitor

I'm facing the exact same issue here with some reports, but, in my case, I'm using MySQL (on premises) and Sharepoint List (Cloud).

I have MySQL included as a data source in the gateway, with updated credentials, and I put the credentials of Sharepoint List under data source credentials, but the button "Apply" of the gateway configuration remains greyed out.

Even if I try to add Sharepoint List as a data source, I can't map it in the gateway because the map field doesn't shows up, the link "Add to gateway" is still there.

And if I try to update MySQL credentials under data source credentials, it keeps infinitely loading.

Hope someone knows what is going on. This issue started last thursday.

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Albsangon1  you dont need to setup the gateway for sharepoint folder data. sharepoint folders are in the cloud and do not require seperate setup via gatway. instead you need to provide credentials for sharepoint under "data source credentials" 

negi007_0-1673878126479.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Hi Negi. Thank you for your anwser.

In data source credentials, I can see the following:

Albsangon1_0-1673881050436.png

It says "The connection to the datasource couldn't be tested. Try the credentials again".

In Sharepoint I have introduced the credentials and it works. The Oracle Database ("Almacen_new") is the one that appears with the exclamation mark and, when I try to edit credentials, keeps infinitely loading):

Albsangon1_1-1673881267200.png

In other reports that have only Oracle (and not Sharepoint) I do not require to edit credentials here:

Albsangon1_2-1673881350850.png

(the administrator has granted access, no credentials are required).

However, the root of all of this is my inability to use the gateway unless I select Sharepoint!!! :

Albsangon1_1-1673885530190.png

As we can see, the button is greyed out.

You mention that Sharepoint does not need gateway (as I thought) but, does this hold true even when there are joins with other sources in the query editor? I am afraid this may be related to privacy issues.

Thank you again,

Alberto.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.