Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vanpraetp
Frequent Visitor

Error: Map and filled map visuals aren't enabled for your org

Hi,

I am getting the following error message:

vanpraetp_0-1669566708330.jpeg

This suddenly appeared after it worked perfectly at first and despite the fact that I have enabled Use Map and Filled Map Visuals.under File -> Options and Settings -> Options -> Global -> Security 

Can anyone help me out? Greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @vanpraetp 

Did you sign in your organization account on Power BI Desktop recently? 

When a user is signed in on Power BI Desktop, the Map and Filled Map visuals will be enabled or disabled based on their organization’s Admin settings. If a user on Power BI Desktop attempts to view a Map visual when their tenant has not enabled the feature, they will be prompted to ask their admin to enable it. 

When a user is not signed in, the visuals will be enabled based on a new setting in File -> Options and Settings -> Options -> Global -> Security named “Use Map and Filled Map Visuals.”

This is a feature introduced in Feb 2022. You can find if you have signed in on Power BI Desktop from the top right corner of the application. 

For more details, please refer to New settings to enable or disable Map and Filled Map visuals 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@vanpraetp Are you certain that map visuals are enabled in the Power BI Service in the Tenant settings?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi @Greg_Deckler - In fact, I am not sure what Tenant settings means, as I am just a single user using PBI Desktop. I have the map visuals enabled in the Settings as per below screenshot. The strange thing is that it all worked well and suddenly without identifiable reason it gave the mentioned error.

vanpraetp_0-1669572796619.png

Hi @vanpraetp 

Did you sign in your organization account on Power BI Desktop recently? 

When a user is signed in on Power BI Desktop, the Map and Filled Map visuals will be enabled or disabled based on their organization’s Admin settings. If a user on Power BI Desktop attempts to view a Map visual when their tenant has not enabled the feature, they will be prompted to ask their admin to enable it. 

When a user is not signed in, the visuals will be enabled based on a new setting in File -> Options and Settings -> Options -> Global -> Security named “Use Map and Filled Map Visuals.”

This is a feature introduced in Feb 2022. You can find if you have signed in on Power BI Desktop from the top right corner of the application. 

For more details, please refer to New settings to enable or disable Map and Filled Map visuals 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.