Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

HStapelberg

Error 400 Bad Request when connecting with Standard API to salesCreditMemosLines

Hi

I get this error when I try to connect to salesCreditMemoLine with Standard API, I see the Header tables work, but the lines table gives this error:

DataSource.Error: Dynamics365BusinessCentral: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. (You must specify an id or a Document Id to get the lines. CorrelationId: 8dce1ddb-627d-4918-bb56-6cffc75a2e62.)
Details:
DataSourceKind=Dynamics365BusinessCentral
DataSourcePath=Dynamics365BusinessCentral

Regards

Hendrik

4 REPLIES 4
HStapelberg

Hi

Thank you for the response.

I find it very strange that Power BI will open salesCreditMemos (Header) table with Standard API v2 but not the salesCreditMemosLines table, as happens with other Lines tables as well.  Header tables does open, it does not makes sense.  I now have to open the salesCreditMemoLines with web services which I see is legacy. 

How do I change the connection string in Power BI?  Do I need to to install Power BI Report server and user powershell (I have seen this in an article, but have not used this before.  Should Power BI not open Header and Lines tables with the similiar connection strings?  

Thanks

Hendrik

Hi @HStapelberg ,

I don't have dynamics365, so there is no way to test it. You can try another api.

Get salesCreditMemos - Business Central | Microsoft Docs

How to modify the connection string. Modify it through the advanced editor of power query editor.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1649393928227.png

Query overview in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
I hope the provided ones are helpful to you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

Would it be possible to put me in contact with a Microsoft person who can test Standard AI v2 with Business Central online?

I have used the advanced editor to copy the connection string from a table that works to a Lines table that does not work, and edit the table name, but it still gives the sames error 400 Bad Request.

All tables with "Lines" in the name gives this error, except salesShipmentLines.  This is so weird.

v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HStapelberg ,

Will typically be an error in the forming of the request or an error accessing the service.

Please check and modify your connection string.

GET businesscentralPrefix/companies({id})/salesCreditMemos({id})/salesCreditMemoLines({salesCreditMemoLineId})
GET businesscentralPrefix/companies({id})/salesCreditMemoLines({salesCreditMemoLineId})

GET method, headers contains Authorization and no body. 

For more details, you can refer this link.

Get salesCreditMemoLines - Business Central | Microsoft Docs

Power query function 

Web.Contents - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.