Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

enath
Helper I
Helper I

Error 0x80020005 power bi

enath_0-1635245001601.png

Hello

I cannot find the solution for this problem- I checked and there is no date with text format. There is no date at all in my data.

Thanks a lot 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @enath ,

From this error message, it seems to be caused by a mismatch in the data type of the column. Could you please provide which query get the error when apply change on? What steps were applied? Could you please provide a screenshot(mask the sensitive data) of the corresponding query(include the columns name and data etc.)? Before doing so, please delete the applied steps one by one to determine which step might be causing the error. If possible, please share your pbix file (exclude sensitive data) with us. Thank you.

Queries and dataQueries and data

Applied stepsApplied steps

In addition, you can refer to this article below to troubleshoot and see if you can find a solution.

I get a message about data type mismatch

Best Regards 

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @enath ,

From this error message, it seems to be caused by a mismatch in the data type of the column. Could you please provide which query get the error when apply change on? What steps were applied? Could you please provide a screenshot(mask the sensitive data) of the corresponding query(include the columns name and data etc.)? Before doing so, please delete the applied steps one by one to determine which step might be causing the error. If possible, please share your pbix file (exclude sensitive data) with us. Thank you.

Queries and dataQueries and data

Applied stepsApplied steps

In addition, you can refer to this article below to troubleshoot and see if you can find a solution.

I get a message about data type mismatch

Best Regards 

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I cannot share the data however you really helped me with your explantion and picture! I think I found the problem. 

thanks!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@enath , Open power query do you see any additional error there. A column with red bottom line or any error folder. Check if that contains any additional info

no red bottom line or error...

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors