Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TandTGroup

Equator line on maps

Since a week or so equator lines are appearing on all maps. Any idea how to remove this line? Is this a bug? 

TandTGroup_0-1652851341796.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TandTGroup ,

Have reported this issue internally(ICM 310045470). Will check with product group whether it’s by design or an issue needs to be fixed.  Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TandTGroup ,

The issue has resloved. Please have a check.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

sjmartin
Frequent Visitor

This equator line bug is also affecting our maps and we are using the December 2021 Power BI version.

Has there been any update on this? Inclusion of random lines on our visuals will confuse users so we are keen to get this resolved.

Thanks.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TandTGroup ,

Have reported this issue internally(ICM 310045470). Will check with product group whether it’s by design or an issue needs to be fixed.  Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards

guille_ou

I am having the same issue and it is only showing up after the latest update. I hope Microsoft gets this fixed. 

TandTGroup

Am hoping someone from microsoft reads this as well. I have tried to raise a support ticket, but I keep going around in circles. The latest software version 2.105.664.0 64-bit (May 2022) was upgraded on 16 May, I suspect that is also the version you are using. 

shaninNH

Experiencing the same issue on dashboards we've been using for over a year. The equator line suddenly appeared this week with no changes whatsoever to the published reports. Our client is not satisfied, because the equator line, frankly, looks awful. This is clearly a bug, as it cannot be removed and serves no obvious purpose.

TandTGroup

No, just a standard map visual. 

TandTGroup_0-1652856257319.png

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @TandTGroup 

Are you using a shape map?

If this is the case then under Format --> Shape ... change the projection from Mercator to something else.

Mercator projection always shows the equator line

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-shape-map

Just a standard map visual.

TandTGroup_0-1652857300943.png

Best you can do is to check whether a previous version of the software doesnt have the equator, in case it is a new addition..... although this action is not recommended

I can assure that it does not. We've been downloading our map reports weekly for almost a year as PPT files. This appeared suddenly this week, with no explanation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.