Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Muertepelá
Frequent Visitor

Enterprise Gateway Cluster OLE DB and Spreadsheets

Hi Community,

I have some doubt about the following: 

I have a power bi on the cloud that have 2 differents data source, one OLE DB and other one is a Spreadsheet. Righ now, this power bi is update automatically thanks to a enterprise gateway, with the power bi reports that only have the data source OLE DB there is no problem, but if the same report have two different data source,OLE DB and Spreadsheet, when I try set the update for the report, I have to config for the two diferent sources, when I try add a folder source in order to let the update for dataset that load fron a spreadsheet, appears a message telling that the cluster does no allow it. 

Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster.

Is there a way to set the getway connection for a report with two differents data source? 

In case of yes, Can I config a datasource folder in order to use it for multiples Spreadsheet? 

Sorry I am not a expert in IT, this is complety new for me. But it would be great find a soluction, the reason for using spreadsheet is that is ised as metadata in the report. 

Any suggestion It will be very apreciated. 

Thanks a lot. 

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Muertepelá I would recommend putting these files on one drive for business or SharePoint then it will be an online service and for excel source you will not Gateway, I would recommend going that path.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Muertepelá
Frequent Visitor

Hi,  

I  can  put in any place you mention.

My original idea was create a folder in  the gateway to  upload multiples excel files,  instaed  create one gateway for each excel file. But i dont know if it can be

Thanks

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Muertepelá excel is on your local network drive or it is in cloud like on SharePoint/one drive for business?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.