Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jensej
Helper V
Helper V

Enter Value for a Line in a line and cluster chart

Hello

Im a bit confused and don't know how to solve this the best way. 

I have this Cluster chart with Values from 4 groups. Each bar in this Visual is 1 Month. 

Now i want to add a line like in the Picture. I know that for group 1-3 the line should be at 268 and for group 4 it should be at 509.

I don't have this Values saved anywhere and don't know how if i can solve it with a measure or if i new to create some new column or even a new Table to be able to do this? 

What's the best and easiest way?

Unbenannt.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Jensej , Not very clear. You have create a table (may be using enter data), Join it with groups (hope it is common dim and use that.

or create a measure like

line measure = Switch( True() ,

max(Table[Group]) =4, 509 ,

)

And use that as line

View solution in original post

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jensej ,

The line values which you mentioned, will they change when the data is updated?

If yes, then what these line values are actually representing? Are these average values?

You can looking into adding an Average line using the following options under Format options for the bar chart:

Pragati11_0-1608720766833.png

There are other options as well which you can explore for lines.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jensej ,

The line values which you mentioned, will they change when the data is updated?

If yes, then what these line values are actually representing? Are these average values?

You can looking into adding an Average line using the following options under Format options for the bar chart:

Pragati11_0-1608720766833.png

There are other options as well which you can explore for lines.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

I came up with a good endresult now that im happy with. I created two constant lines and hide some part of them with white shapes and then grouped all togheter. Unbenannt.PNG

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Jensej , Not very clear. You have create a table (may be using enter data), Join it with groups (hope it is common dim and use that.

or create a measure like

line measure = Switch( True() ,

max(Table[Group]) =4, 509 ,

)

And use that as line

Perfekt that was an easy way to get a line with the correct values. Now my problem is that the line is to short and not covering all bars? My goal is to have it like this: Unbenannt.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.