Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

roma
Advocate II
Advocate II

Enable/ Disable the sorting of Measures in Grid / Matrix View

Hi Everyone,

I have a requirement, where I want to only sort by STORE in below example and restrict the sorting of the other columns.

Please let me know the solution for this.

Capture.PNG

Thank You.

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean exactly when you say "restrict the sorting of the other columns? What is your intended outomce in comparicon to the scrrenshot you provided?

@Anonymous ,

I just wanted to sort data through STORE Column only in the below Grid, and not with other respective columns.

In the below image you can see we can sort with STORE, COGS likewise for other Measures as well. 

I only want to the Sorting order of STORE Column. (Coming from Dimension Table). Is it possible in Power BI?

Image 6.png

Hi @roma ,

Just click here marked in red:

Annotation 2020-02-04 142045.png

Then you can choose sort descending or sort ascending.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Hi @v-kelly-msft,

I want the only STORE Icon to be present to sort. COGS and Other Columns should not show an icon to sort. Please refer below image.

Annotation 2020-02-04 142045 (1).png

Hi @roma ,

Do you wanna show like below?

Annotation 2020-02-04 160928.png

If so ,just follow the steps below: (e.g. in a table visual)

click ... then choose "sort by">select the column you wanna sort by

Annotation 2020-02-04 161037.png

Best Regards,
Kelly

Hi @v-kelly-msft,

I did the same as you said.abc.png

But Still COGS and other column shows sorting icons

xyz.png

Hi @roma

Are you using a table visual?Do you mean that others cant filter by other columns except the column you set ?If so ,it can't be realized currently,You can come up with a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner. https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards,
Kelly

Hi @v-kelly-msft ,

Yes, I am using table Visual.

Hi @roma ,

Currently it can only be fixed in appearance,but the function can't be restricted.You can come up with a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner. https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards,
Kelly

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.