Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PB_PRO
Frequent Visitor

Emoji characters in PBIX name cause error

I am trying to use emoji charatcter in the report  / PBIX name so my report name looks like this 

"REDACTED🏃.Pbix" but on saving I always get following error : The surrogate pair (0xD83C, 0x38) is invalid. A high surrogate character (0xD800 - 0xDBFF) must always be paired with a low surrogate character (0xDC00 - 0xDFFF).

With past versions of Power BI desktop I could just try again to save and it worked but it now doesnt work and if I then  try to publish to the service I get the following error : The Server object is not connected.

I am using version Version: 2.123.742.0 64-bit (November 2023).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @PB_PRO 
I have the same version and tried it on my machine and it works (just copied your file name without quotes 😞

Ritaf1983_0-1701087413608.png

It seems something with the computer, try to save Excel or another file with the same name.

Maybe you need to restart or something

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other

members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PB_PRO
Frequent Visitor

thanks for that - I managed to save it to another folder which worked so it must be somthingg wrong in the orginal folder I had it saved in - very strange !

Glad to help ♥️

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @PB_PRO 
I have the same version and tried it on my machine and it works (just copied your file name without quotes 😞

Ritaf1983_0-1701087413608.png

It seems something with the computer, try to save Excel or another file with the same name.

Maybe you need to restart or something

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other

members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.