Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Surajudeen
Regular Visitor

Embedding PowerBI reports into internal App with Access Control

Hi Team,
I have a concern about having an access control on embedded PowerBI reports in an internal application. So far, my team has successfully embedded PowerBI reports using iframe but need to filter the report view base on the user's login on the App. In context, say we have an agents' App, we want the embedded report to filter/show reports' data based on the agent's login id; more like a parameterized filtering. This feature is available on BoldBI and added as a parameter in the API. Is this solution available on PowerBI or is there a license subscription needed to have this embedded feature.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Surajudeen,

I'd like to suggest you refer to the following links to apply the RLS filter on the embedded reports. They should filter records based on username if the RLS role are setting based on username.

Using standard cloud based row-level security with embedded content in Power BI embedded analytics -...

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Surajudeen,

I'd like to suggest you refer to the following links to apply the RLS filter on the embedded reports. They should filter records based on username if the RLS role are setting based on username.

Using standard cloud based row-level security with embedded content in Power BI embedded analytics -...

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-shex-msft for your responses.
It is possible to filter the embedded report based on third party app login and not PowerBI account id? Like having the embedded reports filtered based on agentID as assigned on the third party app. 
Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.