Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

timcorke
Helper I
Helper I

Embedded view of Power BI report

Good morning experts,

I'm creating a new PBI report that collates and reports on the status/availability of data of other PBI reports that I run operational checks on. Currently these checks include the refresh history and visual appearance of these PBI reports. Given the number of reports being developed is growing I'd like to bring these together visually to aid efficiency and effectiveness.

I'm fairly certain the refresh history can be lifted from these apps into this new report, but am unsure about how I would do the visual checks. I wondered if anyone has experience of embedding the view of another PBI report in real time, essentially creating a window to these other apps to check they are as expected? 

I'm wondering whether there is a recommended visual that anyone has used or an alternative way of doing this? I envisage having a a tab in the report that has multiple 'windows', one for each external report. 

Any thoughts would be much appreciated,

Tim

5 REPLIES 5
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

Not sure if this is helps but you can add visuals/whole report pages from different reports to a single Dashboard in the service:

dashboard.png

Source:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-dashboards 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

timcorke
Helper I
Helper I

@amitchandak more like a HTML iFrame. I dont need to filter anything, just view a report inside a report

timcorke
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @amitchandak this looks quite complex for what I was thinking. 

I'm not even sure whether I'll be able to access the wider Azure framework that we have!

Can I clarify, is this embedding going to support this basic view which is what I'm kind of after. If for example, there was a problem the blue bar chart wouldn't be visible so could see that there was a problem.

test2.png

@timcorke , Or you want to take the embed code from power bi service and want to use url to open page

example

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-url-filters

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors