Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

daveedd
Helper II
Helper II

Embed linked PowerBi visuals in PowerPoint then convert all visuals to static

Hello,

I'm looking to add multiple PowerBi visuals into an existing PowerPoint template.  The idea is that PowerBi would automatically scrape the data, and the PowerPoint template would give it the nice frame, layout and areas to add commentary.

This report needs to be a snapshot, not live data and would then be shared with external users with no access to the PowerBi dataset.

I know I can change the visuals to a static image 1 by 1, but is there a cleaner and easier way to kill all links and covert all visuals to images in one go?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
daveedd
Helper II
Helper II

Hi sorry yeah that's still doing it one at a time, I'm hoping to do it to all in one go.

daveedd
Helper II
Helper II

Hi sorry yeah that's still doing it one at a time, I'm hoping to do it to all in one go.

vs_7
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

HI @daveedd ,

check below Steps

Yes, there is a way to convert multiple Power BI visuals to static images in one go, which will remove all the links to live data. Here's how you can do it:

1. Open your Power BI report and navigate to the page that contains the visuals you want to convert.

2. Select the visual you want to convert to an image by clicking on it.

3. In the Visualizations pane, go to the Format section (paint roller icon).

4. Under the "General" tab, enable the "Data" option under the "Export data" section. This will allow you to export the visual as an image.

5. Right-click on the visual and select "Export data" from the context menu.

6. Choose the desired image format (PNG, JPEG, or GIF) and save the image to your desired location.

7. Repeat this process for each visual you want to convert to an image.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.