Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bgonen7
Helper I
Helper I

Embed a short introduction video into PBI Report

Hi

I am trying to add a short video (Snagit, Camtesia or even a power point presentation) to a PBI REPORT (NOT PBI dashboard).

The purpose of the short video is to explain to new users of this PBI report the key analytics, filters, metrics and so on.

Is there a way to embed a short video into PBI REPORT?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I forgot to mention that I used a work around by adding an Image Here are the steps:

1. Insert an image to PBI Desktop
  2. Click on the Imgae then Format>>turn - on >> Action
  3. Choose type>>Web URL
  4. Copy / paste the URL link of the video file (my video file was saved in Sharepoint)
  5. Save and publish the file
  6. here is the link I sued>> (181) Power BI Tips - Adding a Link to a Picture - YouTube

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bgonen7
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for the help.

The only issue with the link you provided is that the visual >>" HTML Viewer" is no longer available in the Power BI app source.

I forgot to mention that I used a work around by adding an Image Here are the steps:

1. Insert an image to PBI Desktop
  2. Click on the Imgae then Format>>turn - on >> Action
  3. Choose type>>Web URL
  4. Copy / paste the URL link of the video file (my video file was saved in Sharepoint)
  5. Save and publish the file
  6. here is the link I sued>> (181) Power BI Tips - Adding a Link to a Picture - YouTube
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bgonen7 ,

You could only embed it as of now if it available as link.

For more details, you can read related document: How to Create, Host and Embed Videos in Power BI — DiscoverEI

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.