Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

travbum
Advocate I
Advocate I

Editing Custom Columns causes PowerBI to crash

I'm just getting in to custom columns and every time I try to add a custom column the software crashes. The steps that caused this issue:

1. In query Editor click "Add Custom Column"

2. Add the text Logical.FromText("true")

3. Column with title "Custom" shows a row with all values displaying as "TRUE".

4. Right click "Added Custom" under "APPLIED STEPS" and then click "Edit Settings"

5. Resulting Error:

"Unexpected Error

Couldn't get preview result for Logical.FromText"

6. Once I click "Close" I can't click anywhere in PowerBI and just get a pinging sound from my speakers. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @travbum

Which version of PowerBI desktop did you use? I have tested this scenario, it looks like an issue after the update in September(Version: 2.39.4526.362 ). I have reported this issue to Microsoft internally, appreciate for your understanding.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@travbum

This regression will be fixed in the October release, please check it later in the next release.

The workaround for now is to edit such steps using the Advanced Editor or the Formula Bar.

Best Regards,

Herbert

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @travbum

Which version of PowerBI desktop did you use? I have tested this scenario, it looks like an issue after the update in September(Version: 2.39.4526.362 ). I have reported this issue to Microsoft internally, appreciate for your understanding.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.