Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

pfInigo
Frequent Visitor

Edit Dataset Tables connected to via Direct Query

I have a dataset (A) which connects to three datasets:  (ReinsuranceMI, OtherMI, CedeMI).

I have added new tables to ReinsuranceMI dataset that are not appearing in my Dataset A.

I am aware I probably did not select Include Tables added later check box initially.

Is there anyway around this other than reconnecting to ReinsuranceMI and selectingt he new tables I want included?

pfInigo_0-1690270924637.png

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pfInigo
Frequent Visitor

I have since found that if one goes to Data Source Settings and selects the connected Datatset and then Change Source, one can add deselected tables as the please.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pfInigo
Frequent Visitor

I have since found that if one goes to Data Source Settings and selects the connected Datatset and then Change Source, one can add deselected tables as the please.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @pfInigo ,

I don;t think there is anyother way to connect to new tables in Power BI. You have to always do something like you are doing now, to bring additional tables in the Power BI.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors