Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Easy Modelling Question (Hard to word)

Hello!
I have a question about how to build my model.
Given data provides a bunch of suppliers, who have 1, 2 or 3 processes of creating the product.
My question is: What is the best way (how would you do it) to establish a relationship between the processes-table and the suppliers-table?
Here is how the processes-table and suppliers table currently look. It is changable!

einarrattgard_1-1628774898490.png

einarrattgard_0-1628774840861.png

Tank you for any help!

4 REPLIES 4
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

what do they have in common?

At the moment one table holds processes and the other suppliers, but how do they come together?

Best regards

Denis

Anonymous
Not applicable

@selimovd 

I can adapt that for what is best. That is why I am asking. 
currently there is a column for every process possible. It feels like there is a better way to connect them. That is what i need help with. Which connection will be the easiest to work with when building my model?

Hey @Anonymous ,

for me Process and Supplier seem to be dimensions.

So I would use them both as they are as dimensional tables and add a fact table, that brings them together.

Take a look at the following article about the differences:

Basics of Modeling in Power BI: What is a Dimension Table and Why Say No to a Single Big Table - RADACAD

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Anonymous
Not applicable

@selimovd 
Thank you, this is sort of answer to my question. However, I need to be able to recommend a supplier that uses a certain method. How would I do that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.