Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pirdim
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dynamic titles don't work in slicer if title measure depends on value selected in slicer

Hi all,
I have a weird issue - dynamic titles don't work for slicers if title measure depends on this exact slicer value. In order to show the issue I created the most simple pbix file which has only 1 table with 1 column "Number" with 3 values: 1,2,3. And a simple measure:
Title = if ( Selectedvalue (Table[Number]) = 1, "One is selected", "Smth else is selected").

This "Title" works fine if added to card as value and even if added as dynamic title to card. But it doesn't work as dynamic title for Slicer in which I am changing [Number] value. Below gif to show the issue.
And .pbix file can be found here: Test .pbix file

Wtf??!

ezgif.com-gif-maker small.gif

7 REPLIES 7
Jeanxyz
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I had a similar issue. It's fixed after adjusting measure format to text. 

How is the deatiled discussion. https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Dynamic-Visual-Title-Cannot-Select-Measure/td-p/1089380

Yes formating to text works for me too - some examples:

For 3 digit number

Measure1 = FORMAT(CALCULATE(DIVIDE([My_Measure],COUNT('Date'[Date])),'Date'[Week Type]="Week2"),"000")

For 2 decimals:
Measure2 = FORMAT(CALCULATE([Measure5],'Date'[Week Type]="Week3"),"00.00")

For Variance:
Measure3 =   FORMAT([Hours LOST -1week]-[Hours LOST -2nd week],"▲0.00;▼-0.00")
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @pirdim ,

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create measure.

Flag =
IF(
ISINSCOPE('Table'[Number]),"no",FORMAT( SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Number]),0))

2. Click on Card Graphics – Format – Title – Title text – fx.

vyangliumsft_0-1652780130278.png

3. Enter the Title text – Title interface. Select [Flag].

vyangliumsft_1-1652780130280.png

4. Result:

vyangliumsft_2-1652780130281.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

hi @v-yangliu-msft ,

Thanks for reply but I'm afraid you are answering not the questing I asked. In your example you create a measure which will show number in CARD measure depending on filter. But I never specified I had an issue with card visual title, neither that I need to see a number as title. @Arul previously pointed on post where similar issue was discussed and apparently you simply cannot add dynamic for source visual. In my case - I wanted title of SLICER to be changed depending on selected items in this very slicer.

Arul
Super User
Super User

@pirdim ,

You can do it for other target filter visuals but not on source filter visuals.

You can refer this community thread for more clarification on this as this is an issue reported by some other users as well.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Field-Conditional-formatting-is-not-working-in-slicer/idi-p/... 

Thanks,

Arul

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn

hi @Arul . thanks for reply. Unfortunately I didn't find this thread when I was doing my research so I decided to make a separate post. Probably because I was specifically looking for "title" issue but thread's issue is very similar indeed. I am really surprised it's not working for source filter visuals. 

Same problem here.

On the same slicer, i'd like to display the title :

- "Please select a year" with a red background if nothing is selected from that slicer

- "Year selected :" with no background colour if a year has been selected

I've tried SELECTEDVALUE and HASONEFILTER.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.