Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic title (new April 2019 feature)

Setup: I have a data-only .pbix that I post to a workspace. I have a report-only .pbix that gets the data from the Power BI service for that workspace. (This is so one data source can be used by multiple report creators.)

Issue: Report Creator creates a measure in the report .pbix to dynamically create a title and assign it to the Title option using conidtional formatting. However, the measure is not selectable, though it shows in the list. As a test, the same measure was created in the data .pbix and pushed to the workspace. The measure from the data .pbix works just fine in the dynamic title of the visual.

Question: Is this by design, or a bug? Is there a reason that a measure created in a report-only .pbix not work as a dynamic title, but the same measure in the data-only .pbix works just fine?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

I got this from the power bi product group:

Expression bound titles right now work only on text measures. When you connect to a powerbi.com data source and create measure, the default type is numeric.
If you just change the data type to text for that measure, it will work.

Please check that the measure (Report Creator creates a measure in the report ) is a text format

7.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

I have reported it internally, CRI: 115037619. Would update here once I get any response.

Thank you for your feedback. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Lin
Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.