Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pmfg
Regular Visitor

Dynamic Y axis results

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to use the dynamic X axis according to the chosen metric in the filters.

I created a parameter that allows me to choose between the metrics but when I choose this parameter nothing is shown in the line graph.

pmfg_2-1685638557068.png

Filter to choose the metric to use in the chart:

pmfg_0-1685638089692.png

The objective is to have a graph like this but the Y axis is updated according to the metric chosen in the filter

pmfg_1-1685638477260.png

How can I solve this problem?

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jeroendekk
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi Pmfg
Implicit measures do not work on field parameters. If you replace them by explicit measures they will work.

Best regards,
Jeroen Dekker

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jeroendekk
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi Pmfg
Implicit measures do not work on field parameters. If you replace them by explicit measures they will work.

Best regards,
Jeroen Dekker

Hi jeroendekk,

First of all I want to thank you for the answer. I actually noticed the difference between explicit and explicit metrics and works for one testcase.

pmfg_2-1685983280025.png

But now I found a bigger problem. Effectively now I can filter by different metrics but only for a testcase.

My goal with this chart is to compare test cases across different metrics. For that I need to select multiples but it's not possible and I can't figure out why.

Gives me this error:

pmfg_0-1685982889970.png
This is the chart I want to hit:

pmfg_1-1685983070696.png

How can I get around this error?

Best regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.