Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Pradeep160
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Slicer Working

I am working on a Power BI report that uses the Students data of a school. One of the key metrics that I have created is the attendance percentage, which is calculated as the ratio of total attended days to expected days of school attendance. I am showing the overall attendance of the students in a table visual with their roll number, name, and attendance percentage. I need to create a slicer that has different ranges of attendance percentages, such as <30%, <40%, <50%, <55%, <60%, <65%, <70%, and so on up to <100%. When I select a range from the slicer, for example <50%, I want to filter the table visual to display only those students whose attendance percentage is less than 50%. How can I achieve this functionality? Below is sample expected output.

Student IDStudent NameAttendance %
  1John48%
2Peter46%
3Morgan41%

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
miTutorials
Super User
Super User

You can achive this using What If Parameter, please see the below video from 7:40 onwards.

In the tutorial I have used the Cumulative % in the measure you can refer to your Attendance % column and follow rest of the steps.

Dynamic Segmentation: Identifying Top & Bottom N% Customers by Sales in Power BI | MiTutorials - You...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
miTutorials
Super User
Super User

You can achive this using What If Parameter, please see the below video from 7:40 onwards.

In the tutorial I have used the Cumulative % in the measure you can refer to your Attendance % column and follow rest of the steps.

Dynamic Segmentation: Identifying Top & Bottom N% Customers by Sales in Power BI | MiTutorials - You...

Thank you @miTutorials. It worked. 

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @Pradeep160 ,

Have you tried using what-if parameters in this case?

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.