Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BenWatt
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Period slicer

I'm sure I've seen this, but can't track it down.

I'm looking to put a slicer on a report with options YTD, LastMonth, Last 3 months. I would like this to filter the date dimension according to the formula for each one. Is this possible?

as FYI, I've already got relative date logic in to flag each month as "Current Period", "Current Period -1", etc but users want a quicker way to swap between the common filter scenarios.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BenWatt,

You should be able to follow this excellent article which describes how to create Current Day, Week, Month And Year Reports In Power BI Using Bidirectional Cross-Filtering And M to get your expected result. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BenWatt,

You should be able to follow this excellent article which describes how to create Current Day, Week, Month And Year Reports In Power BI Using Bidirectional Cross-Filtering And M to get your expected result. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.