Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

obrown
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dynamic Format String (preview) - not working in a report live connected to dataset

The new preview feature of dynamic format strings for measures only appears to work if the measure is created within the Power BI dataset.

It will not work if I create a measure in a report which is live connected to a Power BI dataset.

It will therefore also not work if I create a measure in a report which is live connect to an AAS model.

I would like to know if:

a) this is a known issue

b) there is a plan to enable this in reports, not just datasets, so that dynamic format strings can be set on measures stored in the report rather than the data model

6 REPLIES 6
agangas
Frequent Visitor

Same to me.  The weirdest thing is that you actually can create the dynamic format, but doesn't work and cannot change the string after.

But if you try to change from Dynamic to another format, appears the warning message that you will lost the format string if you change it

So, I think this is a bug 

LaMatt
Frequent Visitor

This needs to be looked in to. With most enterprise reporting being based of 'base' datasets, not being able to apply the dynamic formatting in reports based upon these datasets makes the feature useless for a large user group.

If this is important to you please consider voting for an existing idea or raising a new one at https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/?forum=2d80fd4a-16cb-4189-896b-e0dac5e08b41

Alex1302
Frequent Visitor

Second this, its already such a powerful feature but hindered currently on this problem

jchonko

Wondering the same thing, as this would alleviate a major headache. 

TJ-9000

I was wondering the same thing, would be great to have this enabled for measures in reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.