Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

shaheenmomin
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Charts

Is it possible to change data with in a chart based on slicer value selection. For example below we can change the percentage for each period and this will be shown in the chart. so dynamically changing graph/chart based on user selection. Need this in Power BI.

dash.JPG

Really appreciate all your help in advance.. 

6 REPLIES 6
shaheenmomin
Frequent Visitor

Sorry I forgot to Mention .. I need this feature in Power BI.. 

@shaheenmomin,

Study DAX basics before going ahead, especially the evaluation context.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry but it seems that power bi cant handle dynamic charts specially with dynamic measure. I created a slicer which has percentages from -100 to 100 and when I select one , i get the selected value saved in a custom measure from 

selectedValue =
IF (
    ISFILTERED ( FILTERTABLE[Value] ) && HASONEVALUE ( FILTERTABLE[Value] ),
    LASTNONBLANK ( FILTERTABLE[Value], 0 ),
    "a default value"
)

now when I create a custom column which multiply selected value * Revenue(which I got from querying sql database), it doesn't works, when I put a hard coded value like (5 * revenue) then it works. As per my experience, based on what user selects in the slicer if calculated in a custom column in order to show on a chart seems not possible. Please help me with this if any one has already done it.

Dont go on a exact coding for getting values .. instead of default value I have used 1 so that it can be multiplied with revenue with no effect on actual revenue.

The technique will work in Power BI too.

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Yes,  check out my blog article here https://powerpivotpro.com/2014/10/5-interactive-chart-techniques-come-together/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.