Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mehmetali
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Changing X Axis on Chart based on measure

Hello,

I have a hierarchy like the following,

sales regions (20+)

dealers (130+)

sales personnel (300+)

also when people view the report there is rls, and depending on who logged in some people have access to 100+ dealers, and some people have acces to only 1 dealer.

what I wanto to do is, I have a column chart displaying sales information in sales region / dealer / sales personnel detail. I want to change X axis dynamically based on number of dealers in the report. so if someone who has authorization for 2 dealers viewing this report, i want to display this column chart with sales personnel in the X axis (probably 5-6 items). if someone who has authorization for 100+ dealers i want to show the same chart in sales region detail in X axis (probably 9-10 regions). if someone with access to 6 dealers I want to display the chart with dealers on the X axis.

note : I tried field parameters, but couldnt get what i wanted. I thought creating a table and filtering parameter table with this one but it didnt work, because when I create the table, number of dealers is always the same, overriding rls.

kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Add all three levels to the X axis.  Teach your users how to navigate the hierarchy.  Remember that these user choices are persistent across visits unless they "Revert to default" .  Teach them how to work with bookmarks and how to use "Personalize visuals".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Add all three levels to the X axis.  Teach your users how to navigate the hierarchy.  Remember that these user choices are persistent across visits unless they "Revert to default" .  Teach them how to work with bookmarks and how to use "Personalize visuals".

I don't remember accepting this as a solution. but no problem.

for the people having this kind of problem, I've come across with the video in the link below. with some minor modifications I found the solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqlgTXCfqSs

thanks for the reply. but we are talking about 250+ users  which has a considerable turnover rate, from various levels of compentency in terms of IT usage and spending time at their desktop and doing reporting is their least favored thing in their business life.
well at least now I know at least for the moment this is not possible. maybe they work on it on the next update 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors