Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GuidoMS
Helper II
Helper II

Duplicating table when trying ti update using ODBC

Hi,

I'm trying to update one table as we modified our view and added a column. The problem is that when i try bring the table again, it duplicates and adds a USERS (2) instead of updating the existing one. How can i achieve what i need?

Im using this window to update info.

GuidoMS_0-1615472193545.png

I also tried using "Transform Data" but i get an error there when trying to modify any table.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@GuidoMS , Are you trying to add or remove a column. see if the approach in this video can help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0yLtceT0i4

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@GuidoMS , Are you trying to add or remove a column. see if the approach in this video can help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0yLtceT0i4

Searching a bit more, it's clear to me that i have to use TRANSFORM DATA to update tables in PBI Desktop to later upload and modify our main data set (PBI service).

I was getting an error "sequence contains no matching element" when trying to update data but it seems to be a missing right to read/edit 2 of our created views in our database.

Thanks for the quick answer and the video. I'll close this thread and if another error appears I'll open another one.

thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.