Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

ccarr1414

Drillthrough using Quarter based on measure used for drillthrough

Hello,

I have a questions I was hoping I could get some help with. I have a summary page where it shows revenue information based on 3 different quarters depending on the quarter selected using the date filter. In the examples, I am assuming the current quarter is selected. The quarters used in the information are Current Quarter (Q3-2023), Prior Quarter (Q2-2023), and Current Quarter - 4 (Q3-2022). Is there a way to drillthrough to another page passing the quarter that is being used by the measures to calculate the revenue.

For instance in the screen shot below, I have the current quarter (Q3-2023) selected. In region 1 it has the Current QTD information, in region 2 it has Prior Quarter (Q2-2023) information, and region 3 has Current Quarter - 4 (Q3-2022). The information is in 1 table and the filters to get the appropriate date ranges in the measures are calculated using variables. Is there a way to have the drillthrough show what is selected in the measures? So if I drillthrough on a value in region 1 it passes the current quarter info, if I drillthrough on region 2 it filters on prior quarter, and if I drillthrough in region 3 it filters on current quarter - 4?

ccarr1414_0-1692652091928.png

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ccarr1414 , For that create a calculation group of measures and use that, in that way, it can filter

Calculation Groups- Measure Slicer, Measure Header Grouping, Measure to dimension conversion. Complex Table display : https://youtu.be/qMNv67P8Go0

Or try this approach to display quarters

Show month names instead of Current Month Vs Last Month- https://youtu.be/x0DvPn1QeO4

I wanted to follow up to see if you may be able to answer my follow up.

I am not sure I follow from your video how I can use the calculated groups to assist with the drillthrough functionality. I understand what you are doing using calculated groups in terms of creating a table to look like mine but I have the table created fine and the values show as expected (I have the values blended to the background so I'm not exposing info). What I want to do is when I drillthrough (to a detailed table) on the black value it will filter for the records that make up number which is from Current Quarter, when I drillthrough on the orange value it filters to those records from the Prior Quarter, and when drilling through on the green value it filters the records to Current Quarter - 4 (aka last year).

ccarr1414_0-1692722100838.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.