Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nunnc01
Helper I
Helper I

Drillthrough not including all filters

Hi,

I have used an online tutorial (https://youtu.be/gYbGNeYD4OY) to create an approach where my visual will display one of 4 different values based on a selected parameter using a slicer. This is working perfectly.

4 variations

# Completed Adults = CALCULATE(count('kcc FD_REQUEST_SUPPORT'[PersonID]),'kcc FD_REQUEST_SUPPORT'[Adult Child]="Adult")
# Completed Children = CALCULATE(count('kcc FD_REQUEST_SUPPORT'[PersonID]),'kcc FD_REQUEST_SUPPORT'[Adult Child]="Child")
# Completed People = CALCULATE(count('kcc FD_REQUEST_SUPPORT'[PersonID]))
# Completed Families = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('kcc FD_REQUEST_SUPPORT'[Contact Group ID]))

I then have a DAX formula that is what I use in the visual

# Contacts Created = if(ISCROSSFILTERED(Parameters[Measure Type]),
SWITCH( TRUE(),
VALUES(Parameters[Measure Type]) = "All", [# Completed People],
VALUES(Parameters[Measure Type]) = "Families", [# Completed Families],
VALUES(Parameters[Measure Type]) = "Children", [# Completed Children],
VALUES(Parameters[Measure Type]) = "Adults", [# Completed Adults],
blank()),blank())

However, the issue I am having is when I try to drillthrough to see the data behind the numbers being generated above when either Adult or Child have been selected. It doesn't seem to push through the filter [Adult Child]="Adult") or [Adult Child]="Child") and therefore I am seeing the both adults and children in the listing. Can anyone offer any advice on how to pass filters that are part of a measure into a drillthrough? I have ticked the Keep All Filters option on the page that I am drilling through to but this hasn't resolved the issue.

Thanks

Chris

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @nunnc01 

For Drillthrough , the filter fields must be in the visual that you select from.

For example:

If you want Drillthrough from one visual on page A of your report to Page B. 'kcc FD_REQUEST_SUPPORT'[Adult Child] must be in the visual of on page A. then it will be taken to Page B.

The filter couldn't be taken by formula code of measure.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.