Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drillthrough for a measure that uses USERELATIONSHIP

Hello,

I have one fact table with two relationships to a mastercalendar. Given I am looking for open_dates and resolved_dates..
I have the relationship active on the open_dates.

My problem is one tab is all about the resolved_at dates, so my measures have the USERELATIONSHIP to make sure the measure takes into consideration the resolved_dates..

I have one table that gives raw numbers of incidents.. and I have a drill-through to a page giving the specifics of each incident, the problem is for example, if the incident was open_at 2/2/2018 and my MasterCalendar slicer is on 4/2/2018 and I see one incident in my table, when I drill-through to see the details, it does not appear because the "Date" of the incident is based on the open_at (2/2/2018) because its where my active relationship looks at, thus filtering it out.

Anyone faced this issue? Any solution?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just needed to drag and drop a measure with the userelationship to make it work, super easy

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just needed to drag and drop a measure with the userelationship to make it work, super easy

I ran into this issue as well and luckily found this post. It seems like you also need to have a column from the other side of the relationship in your results. In this case, the date from your date table and NOT the date from your transaction/fact table. As the solution mentions, you also need the measure in your results that you drilled on. This is rather unintuitive as I don't really want a column with a count of 1 coming back for each record... but it works after days of struggling with it. It will have to do for now, but there needs to be more robust filtering options exposed for drill through. I don't like this obscured functionality.

I have the same issue also solved it by dragging the measure in the report, yes it shows 1 on each row but now it's also giving memory error "visual has exceeded the available resource" issue because the DAX is becoming very complicated as the measure is repeating on each row. There should be some other way to solve this. Any other inputs are welcome, please. I don't want to end up giving these query more memory to run with, that is not a good solution. 

I am having this same issue (using two different dates on two different pages that I woud like to drillthrough with).  I am successfully using USERELATIONSHIP to get my measures all working as I want, but I am not able to figure out what you mean by just dragging and dropping a measure with the userelationship to make it work.  Are you able to supply some more details of how you pulled this off? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!

In my case the drill-through would just push me to a tab with one table.
The data missing due to the problem I have mentioned, disappeard, once I dragged the measure I was seeing correctly in the other tab (that uses USERELATIONSHIP) inside the table.. as then I forced the table to use that same relationship.

Was that clear? I dont know exactly how your PBI looks like, so I am not sure on how my solution could work for you.

Cheers

Thanks, this worked for me. In my case my measure is a count so I end up having to shrink down that measure column as it just shows "1" over and over, but the table's context uses the inactive relationship as I want.  

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Check if selecting the no impact icon helps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.