Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lherbert501
Helper V
Helper V

Drillthrough Destination Option

Hi,

If I had E.G a measure called [Total Sales] which was used on multiple visualizations on a page, is it possible that I would be able to turn off a drillthrough destination page for a certain visual so that they didn't all come up when drilling through, as its the same measure?

I have different formats of drillthrough pages for different visualizations and wanted just one drillthrough option to display for the user. The only way I can think of is by creating 5 Total Sales measures but this will completely clog up the report as I'm already using field parameters.

I've included an example below. As you can see there is a page for each drillthrough, with the measure in the drillthrough panes for all 3.

Drill.png

2) Measure on Page 2, 3 & 4.

Drill_Measure.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@lherbert501,

instead of adding the measure to the drill through field, just add the dimension you're looking at the data with.

check this video https://youtu.be/2x9lLHDbtDk

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @lherbert501 ,

If you want you could make the drill through based on the dimension that you're showing the sales with, like sales by country, so make the drill through by the coutry value.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Hi @Idrissshatila ,

Thanks for the reply. How is this done?

@lherbert501,

instead of adding the measure to the drill through field, just add the dimension you're looking at the data with.

check this video https://youtu.be/2x9lLHDbtDk

Follow me on Linkedin

Hi @Idrissshatila 

If two visuals both had e.g. salesperson in the axis, is there a way around this?

@lherbert501 
It will stay show because of the salesperson, but this isn't a problem since its leading to the same result which is drilling by salesperson.

Follow me on Linkedin

I've duplicated the salesperson column and this has sorted it. Thanks for your help today @Idrissshatila 

Thankyou @Idrissshatila !

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.