Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DataAnalystKD
Frequent Visitor

Drill trough for multiple selections

Hello, I'm working on a Power BI report showing the result of a survey that was conducted among many companies (a sample of the report is shown below).

01.png

I added drill-trough to allow my customer to perform a detailed analysis of the companies giving specific answers. It obviously works with one value selected in the visual.

02.png

As a well-know issue, the drill-trough button does not work if more than one value is selected in the visual. However, as long as ONE value is selected in EACH visual, there's still the possibility of performing a right-click drill-trough (e.g. companies which answerd A in question 1 and A in question 2).

04.png

Nevertheless, my customer is interested in performing drill-trough by selecting more than one value in the same graph (e.g. companies which answerd A or B in question 1). Doing this is not possible even with the right-clicking, since the option "Drill-trough" is not shown in the drop-down menu.

05.png

Now my question is: is there any DAX measure or an alternative way to achieve my desired result? The best option would be a fully working button. I was thinking about a navigation button rather than a drill-trough button, with a detailed table of companies' data in the navigation page, with the table being filtered based on all selected answers in the report page, but I don't know how to do it. 

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DataAnalystKD , In case drill through you, is not allowed to drill when more than one value is selected, even with a button. Slicers can be used to filter a few values first and then the user can drill

You can log an idea -https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.