Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dragon496
Helper I
Helper I

Drill through to the previous year-is this possible?

Hello

I am relatively new to Power BI and set up my 1st drill through yesterday.

On the 1st page, I have 6 pie charts and a couple of slicers (date and category). The drill through page, simply displays the data in a tabular format and has the same slicers.

My drill through works perfectly for the 1st 3 pie charts. The issue is the other pie charts.

The 2nd row of pie charts, replicates the data in the 1st row but for the same period last year, using measures with the SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR function. When I drill through on these, the data for the current year is displayed, instead of the previous year.

Now, I think I understand what is happening. When you drill through, the result is being filtered by a field and obviously the drill page has the same slicers (which are obviously pointing to the current period). Adding the measure to the list of drop-down fields does not work.

An example of 1 of my measures for the previous period :-

Incident Count Last Year =
CALCULATE(
COUNTROWS(careSectorIncident),
SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(Date_Dimension[Date])
)

I have another issue, which is very similar. I have a bar chart with 2 sets of bars, again bars for the current date range and the same date range, last year. The drill down always shows data for the ccurrent date rannge.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

in your drillthrough target page provide visuals both for the current date range (as per the drillthrough transport) and for the previous date range.

Drillthrough filters are "dumb", they do not allow you to perform math on them (like, subtract a year).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

in your drillthrough target page provide visuals both for the current date range (as per the drillthrough transport) and for the previous date range.

Drillthrough filters are "dumb", they do not allow you to perform math on them (like, subtract a year).

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.