Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill through switch between filters.

Hello! 
I need help with a drill through visual. 
I have a graph which is dependant on that you choose a time period like this:

einarrattgard_0-1626265117173.png

And I want to make a drill through function so that when you click on a factory, you get too see that for the the entire time period. But when I add a timeline to the visual, the slicer quarter still applies and it's only showing the year still selected. Is there a way to ignore it when you drill down? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello, @Anonymous 

If you use the drill function, you will drill down to the filtered information. If you want to ignore these filtering conditions, it is recommended to directly create the page you want to jump to, and then create a jump button to jump to it.

Like this:

vjaneygmsft_0-1626428348185.png

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BobThon
Regular Visitor

I see you got your answer.  I apologize as I read your note as drilling through into another tab, so my comments were to unsync the slicer on the target tab.  The answer from Janey is having you go down the path I thought you already had...  Good to see you got your solution!

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello, @Anonymous 

If you use the drill function, you will drill down to the filtered information. If you want to ignore these filtering conditions, it is recommended to directly create the page you want to jump to, and then create a jump button to jump to it.

Like this:

vjaneygmsft_0-1626428348185.png

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , In drill through visual, you can uncheck keep all filters and then only filter you add to the later box will pass

drillthrough_06

Anonymous
Not applicable

einarrattgard_0-1626269321381.png

I  still only get one answer. Is there a better way to do it without the external slicer?

I wonder if you have that Quarter slicer sync'ed up with the other page?  If so, unsync the slicer.  Also, did you turn off keep all filters on both the drill through visual and slicer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BobThon 
I tried unsyncing the slicer from the other pages (skf prod system):

einarrattgard_0-1626337944202.png

And the "keep all filters" are off on both the report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.