Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ddk
Advocate II
Advocate II

Drill through - Go from one detail page to another without going back to the master page?

Hi all,

We can set up a master-detail with drill through, even with multiple detail pages.

A user would then need to do the following:

1. On the MASTER-page: select a record from a table, and drill through to the desired detail page (say "detail A");
  2. On the DETAIL-page, click the back button to go to the MASTER again.
  3. From the (same) selected record in the table, drill through to another DETAIL-page ("detail B").
  4. ...

But what if we want the following behaviour?

1. On the MASTER-page: select a record from a table, and drill through to the desired detail page (say "detail A");
  2. From here ("detail A"), click on a "button" (or something else) to go to another DETAIL-page (eg "detail B") with details from the same previously selected record on the MASTER-page. So without going back to the MASTER-page first.

In fact, we would like to add the orange arrows as functionality (the blue ones are the standard scenario mentioned above):

master_details.jpg

For now, I have not been able to find any solution for this...

Any ideas, tips, solutions...?

Thanks in advance!

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ddk
Advocate II
Advocate II

For anyone interested/looking for a solution:

the link below solved my problem, absolutely perfect!

https://jimkeane.co.uk/2021/03/31/double-drillthrough/

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
pacifist
Helper I
Helper I

is this still not possible to do without the chiclet slicer?!

ddk
Advocate II
Advocate II

For anyone interested/looking for a solution:

the link below solved my problem, absolutely perfect!

https://jimkeane.co.uk/2021/03/31/double-drillthrough/

This was perfect, helped a lot!  The chiclet slicer also solved one of the issues I've been having with filter not resetting to a default value that applies to a new dataset from another slicer!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ddk, we can drill through from any page to any page. As long as the drill contains the columns in the drill though column used in the other page

drillthrough_02

Thanks for answering Amit.

It wouldn't really be a real drill through from "detail A" to "detail B", but rather pure navigation from A to B, with B being a drill through from the MASTER (using the same selection)...

I have added the drill through column on "detail B": it works starting from the MASTER, but not from "detail A"...

Actually, drill through from A to B works, but I need to make a selection again somewhere on page A. I would like to just navigate to B without selection.

Maybe drill through is not the way to go?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.