Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill down multiple matrices at the same time

I have a dashboard with 4 matrices. They all have the same hierarchy for the drill down, but the supporting column data is different. The matrices data cannot be combined as it is a user preference and non-negotiable at this time.

Is there any way--without bookmarks--to drill down all matrices at the same time? Meaning, if the user were to go down from one level to next in one matrix, all the other matrices in the dashboard would also drill down one level? It seems very odd that this isn't a standard feature. 

The filtering is not helpful as it will just show the values at the current hierarchy level categorization. Hence the labels of the rows are a bit misleading.

Can anyone help here? If this isn't a supported feature it should have been back when this product was released to the general public. I also have the pro version in the event the desktop version does not support this functionality.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is not supported at this moment. I’m afraid you have to drill down one by one manually. To make Power BI better, you can submit your request at Power BI Ideas and vote it up.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.