Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill Through on the World Map

Hi All

I was wondering if there is a way around righ clicking on the map to drill through and just click on the country to come to the page dedicated to it

I work in an international company which does business in a lot of countries around the world, currently I have built a model with the map visual, when you hover over the country to see some basic stats, then you right click to drill throgh the corporate regions of the world and see main body on a different PowerBI page with all the info

I was wondering if I could drill by just clicking on the country 

I am aware there is a way to create a button, but due to so many countries it doens't make sense to create a button for every single one 

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can use a built-in map visual in Power BI to achieve this drill down capability. But current version needs you right click to drill throgh the corporate regions of the world as you said. And another way is creating buttons.

And you can reference the following document.

Solved: drill down in map visual - Microsoft Power BI Community

If you want to achieve this drill down capability by clicking on the country, you can submit it as an idea.

Ideas (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

That's what I have done

the problem is due to pretty much every country in the world having some information about it, it won't make sense to use buttons, as I'll have to have a lot

Thank you for getting back to me though!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.