Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jonnyholmes
Frequent Visitor

Drill Through Using Active or Inactive Relationship

Hello all,

I have a table containing tickets opened / closed.

TicketRefTypeCreatedDateResolvedDate
001Keyboard01/06/202108/06/2021
002Car05/06/202106/06/2021
003Keyboard08/06/202108/06/2021

I have a Date Dimension table and the following relationships are setup:

Relationship StatusFromTo
ActiveDateDimensionTicketInformation (CreatedDate)
InactiveDateDimensionTicketInformation (ResolvedDate)

By using measures and activating the ResolvedDate relationship via USERELATIONSHIP, I am able to see the total tickets created / resolved within a period that I select.

If I set the date slicer to 08/06/2021 and view my resolved breakdown:

TypeTotal
Keyboard2

All good.  However.........

I'd now like to drill down on this "Keyboard" type to see the two tickets that were resolved  When I drilldown, I only see 1 ticket, not 2.  This is because the Active join is on the created date, and only 1 of the 2 tickets that were resolved were created on the date selected in the slicer.

How can I get it so that if I drill down on either the created tickets or resolved tickets, the correct join is used?  Or, do I need to re-model my data in someway so that I can have an active join on both the created / resolved date?

There must be others who have got both created/resolved dates in the same table, what am I doing wrong?! 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jonnyholmes , in the drill-down report, use a measure or measures that are using a join with resolve date. then you will get that

@amitchandak - Thank you.  I have tried that this morning - it does work for resolved tickets, but then the breakdown for Created tickets then doesn't work properly! 😁  It's like if one works, the other doesn't!

If I drill through from Table 1 (Created tickets), I want it to use the Active join on Created Date, but If I drill through from Table 2 (Resolved tickets), I want it to use the Inactive join on Resolved Date.

Is that possible to do with just one drill-through page?

The only way I can see this being possible so far is to duplicate the dataset, have two active joins (one from each dataset), then have 2 separate drill-through pages, with one using dataset1 and the other using dataset2.  I just feel like it will be a pain further down the line in a year or so!

Hope this makes sense!

Hi @jonnyholmes 

Have you solved your problem? If yes, kindly accept it as the solution. Otherwise, please provide more details about your problem so that we can work on it further. Thanks😃

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution✔️ to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.