Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

johnwrite
Frequent Visitor

Drill Downs into Different Visuals

I would like to know whether its possible to drill down reports into different visuals.  For example, if I have a Pie chart and want to drill down into a stacked bar graph and tables etc . ? Any way to achieve such kind of functionality ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @johnwrite,

Unfortunately, it is not allowed to do that in PowerBI right now. You can submit a feature request to Microsoft: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve the level of our products and service. Appreciate for your understanding.

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @johnwrite,

Based on your description, it seems that you are trying to create a drill trough report, drillthrough from ome visual to another. In PowerBI desktop, this feature is not supported. In PowerBI service, you can add all reports containing those different visuals to a dashboard to work around this issue. You can pin a visual to the dashboard, and add a custom URL to connect to another report. 

For more details, please refer to: 
Pin a tile to a Power BI dashboard from a report
Edit a tile -- resize, move, rename, pin, delete, add hyperlink

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft , 

Thanks for the info . Custom URL helps me to some extent . Is there anyway that a specific visualization can be drilled down to different visuals ? For Example , I have a line graph in my report which should be drilled down to pie chart based on the drilled down value in the same report ? That will be good for me .

Thanks,

John

Hi @johnwrite,

Unfortunately, it is not allowed to do that in PowerBI right now. You can submit a feature request to Microsoft: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve the level of our products and service. Appreciate for your understanding.

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

Hi @v-yulgu-msft , do we have such functionality now? Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.