Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

samgreene1
Resolver I
Resolver I

Downloaded report from Power BI Service - all queries disappear after applying changes

Hi,

I have downloaded a report from Power BI that I previously published. I am using the latest version of Power BI Desktop. 

When I open the report, I am prompted to 'apply changes' - not sure why. After I do that, all the queries are gone, all the visuals are broken.  The only thing that remains is a calculation.  This is the second report this has happened on and I downloaded another random report and the same thing is happening.  The data is all on-prem SQL Server. 

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Thanks,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
samgreene1
Resolver I
Resolver I

We think this was related to RLS on the report, but it seems to have resolved this month. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
samgreene1
Resolver I
Resolver I

We think this was related to RLS on the report, but it seems to have resolved this month. 

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @samgreene1  ,  

By definition, if you download the report you posted earlier, you have access to the report 

If it is convenient, can you take a screenshot of the Visual damage details or express them in text format, so we can help you better  

Here is the information about downloading the report, you can check if you encounter the restricted content:: 

Download a report from the Power BI service to Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn 

Solved: Download pbix file with live connection datasett n... - Microsoft Fabric Community 

Best Regards, 

Liu Yang 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly 

Here is the downloaded report open in desktop after downloading from the service.Here is the downloaded report open in desktop after downloading from the service.Here is the report after pressing apply.  All queries are gone and of course, visuals are broken.Here is the report after pressing apply. All queries are gone and of course, visuals are broken.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.